In 2012 Marek Panfil was a member of the advisory team which provided management buyout (MBO) consulting services to me and one other executive at Elproma Elektronika, Ltd. I was the CEO at that time and had a minority stake. The company was controlled by a foreign family-owned business. Marek provided the following advice:
- Analysis of financial statements;
- Review of financial forecast;
- Valuation of a majority stake in Elproma using discounted cash flow and adjusted net asset value methods;
- Raising financing for the purpose of the buyout;
- Creation of the MBO model which we adopted.
Marek has extensive experience with MBOs, financial analysis, business valuations and strategic advice. Any MBO process involves a high degree of pressure and uncertainty. Marek guided me every step of the way, ensuring that our decisions were correct and that our timing was right. This MBO was successful for me and my business partner. We acquired the company, raised the needed funding, restructured the company and finally retired the entire debt after only three years. I strongly recommend Marek as a business valuator and as a strategic advisor.